||Fergus(s)on Y-DNA Project
This is a branch of the Fergussons of
John Fergusson of Isle
- John Fergusson of Isle who had a charter dated 20 Dec 1580.
- Alexander Fergusson of Isle, in 1602, had a remission for
killing Gilbert WALLACE; bought Ferdingwell in 1612; had issue
- Alexander m. 1685 Elizabeth MAXWELL
- Robert m. Agnes GRAHAM; sasine of lands of Lago, etc. 1665
- Thomas, only son [Records p. 434
Alexander Fergusson 1652-1719
- Alexander (said in Douglas's Peerage to have
married a daughter of Sir John DALZELL of Glenae) m. 1685 Elizabeth MAXWELL
- Alexander FERGUSSON of Isle, advocate, M.P. for Dumfriesshire;
d. 21 Feb 1719, aged 67;
m. 1st. Agnes CRICHTON
m. 2nd 1693 Agnes widow of Robert GORDON sister of Annie
- Janet m. 12 mar 1706 Captain George CHALMERS
- John CHALMERS m. Anne COMRIE; assumes name FERGUSSON
- Jane CHALMERS b. 11 Jun 1725; m. Lt. Francis PRINGLE
- Henry d. unm.
- Anne PRINGLE m. James Fowler BAKER
- Jane Mary BAKER m. 1808 Joseph GILLON
m. 3d 2 Dec 1712 Margaret BROWN widow of Joseph MARJORIBANKS
and of Thomas EDGAR
- Isabel d. unm.
- Henrietta d. unm.
- Mary d. unm.
- Agnes m. James MAXWELL
- Jean m. Robert FERGUSSON of Fourmerkland
- Alexander FERGUSSON, 1737 is retoured heir to his
father, the said Robert.
On 1st January 1750 Jean Fergusson, spouse to
Andrew Beveridge, minister of Caerlaverock, is retoured heiress of Alexander
Fergusson her father. [Records p. 426]
- Robert FERGUSSON of Isle entailed his estate 23 Jul 1768
and d.s.p. 19 Sep 1768; estate passed on to John CHALMERS who assumed the name
[ Home ] [
Ancestral ] [
Genealogy ] [ Scotland ]
Copyright © 2008 Fergus(s)on Y-DNA