||Fergus(s)on Y-DNA Project
William Fergusson of Auchinsoul was engaged with his chief,
Barnard Fergusson of Kilkerran, in the attack
on the Laird of Camlarg in the fenced Court of the Sheriff of Ayr in 1564. In
1689 Fergusson of Auchinsoul was excommunicated by the Church for
contumaciousness, having paid no attention to the various sentences of the
Presbytery for several years previously. Upon this he fled to Drummore (county
Down), Ireland, with the object of his illict affection, Janet Martin; but he
felt glad in 1711 - such was the influence of the Church - to make 'due
repentance' and be relieved from his sentence. William Fergusson of Auchinsoul
was a Commisioner of Supply 1758. In 1781 Lt. James Fergusson of Auchinsol was
admitted a burgess of Ayr. James's successor, Fergusson of Littleton, sold the
property to John M'Kie.
[History of the county of Ayr:
with a genealogical account of the families of Ayrshire, James Paterson,
published Ayr, 1847, p. 258-9
Duncan Fergusson of Kilkerran
The William and Barnard refered to by Paterson are likely the
sons of Duncan.
- Duncan of Kilkerran b.~ 1466.
- Barnard b.~ 1500
- Thomas b.~ 1502
- David b.~ 1504
- William b.~ 1506
James Fergusson and Elizabeth MCINTYRE
- Francis FERGUSSON
- William FERGUSSON [candidate m. Janet BROWN 22 May 1740,
- James FERGUSSON b. 6 Jul 1755, Kirkoswald; d. at Maybole,
22 Apr 1824, aged 70 years; m. Elizabeth MCINTYRE 18 Nov 1793,
- William FERGUSSON, d. abroad unmarried
- Lt. James Hamilton FERGUSSON, b. at Littleton in Feb
1795; d. Parkhill Cottage, Peterculter, Feb 25 1876, aged 81;
m. 1st Mary
KEITH 2 Mar 1815 parish of St. Helier, Island of Jersey
- Tom Ferguson (Shoemaker) b. Jersey ca 1815, m.
Hester GROVES at East Grinstead, Sussex, 27 June 1835, d Cuckfield Sussex Jun
- Mary Ann b. 1836, m. 1st Thomas BRUNT, widowed
agricultural labourer 1856, Godstone, Surrey; two sons; m. 2nd David WILKINS,
following her husband Thomas's death; d. 1905
- Frederic(k) Sires (or Siers) FERGUSON, b. 1840,
Publican and Coal Merchant; m. Eliza Ann GODSMARK 19 July 1868 in Brighton,
Sussex, d. Jan 1917.
- >>Kit 167891
- Ellen (or Hellen), b. 1849, m. 1st James
MADDOX, of Lewes April 1876, Godstone; One son; Later m. Peter HOADLEY, widowed
blacksmith from Brighton, in 1902 following James' earlier death.
- Agnes, b.1854, m. Joseph Albert COWDREY, Market
Gardner from Monkon Hadley in Middlesex, 1884, and moved to Fresno,
- Thomas Jnr., b. 1856, m. Susan (unknown) at
Hankey/Humansdorp in the Kouga Region of the Eastern Cape, South Africa, while
serving in the British Army during the Boer War.
m 2nd. Helen COLLIE (COLLY) 17 May 1825,
- James b. 1827
- Rev. William FERGUSSON b. 18 Nov 1828,
Aberdeernshire, parish of Peterculter; m. first 18 May 1854, Margaret LUMSDEN,
daughter of John LUMSDEN, who d. in 1875.
- William FERGUSSON, M.D. of Banff; b.~1856,
Aberdeen; m. 1881 Elizabeth (Bessie) Shillington SEARIGHT, Logie, Perthshire;
d. Feb 20 1929, age 73, 2 Old Castlegate, Banff, informant: J.L.S. FERGUSON,
- William Manson FERGUSSON, M.D. b.1884,
Bannff; m. 1903 Williamina Smit FITZPATRICK, St. Machar, Aberdeen; d. Jan 24
1925; St. Machar, Aberdeen (death cert says he was married to Nan Rose;
informant: William FERGUSSON, father )
- John Lumsden Searight FERGUSSON b.~1891; m.
May 2 1917 Mary (Miari) Christina DUFF, St. Andrew, Edinburgh; d. Jun 14 1948,
Todhills, parish of Bannf; age 59; parents deceased; informant: J. FERGUSSON,
son; 1917 Rubber Planter and a Lieutenant of the Royal Garrison Artillery,
based at The Castle, Broughty Ferry
- "Fizzie" FERGUSSON
FERGUSSON b.~1926; d. 20 Nov 1990, Solstrand, Findhorn, Moray; bur: Banff
- Fitzjames Shillington FERGUSSON b.27
- Son d. as infant
- Rev. John James Foote Lumsden FERGUSSON of New
South Wales; b. 15 May 1859, Ellon, Scotland; d. 1903; m. Margaret Taylor
CAMERON, 11 Jan 1890, Richmond, New South Wales
- Margaret Wilsie FERGUSSON, b. 8 Dec 1892;
d. 07 Sep 1978
FERGUSSON - Margaret Wilsie 7 Sep
1978 at hospital of Lindfield. Loved sister of Maurice (deceased), Ian
(deceased) and loved cousin and aunt of her family. Privately cremated [Sydney
Morning Hearld, 09 Sep 1978, lookup courtesy John Ferguson,
- Maurice Cameron FERGUSSON b. 27 Oct 1893;
Killed in action 1915
Lumsden FERGUSSON b. 2 Mar 1898; d. 6 Oct 1977; 1915 resident Water Street,
Wahroonga, NSW; m. 15 Oct 1921 Noelene Elsie MAYNE, Chatswood, NSW; she d. 13
Jun 1992, late of Yenda, NSW
FERGUSSON - Ian Lumsden 6 Oct
1977, aged 79 years. Late of Sydney, Goolgowie and Yenda Husband of Noeline,
father of Ann, James (deceased), "Ian", Margaret and Susan. [Sydney Morning
Hearld, 13/15 Oct 1977, lookup courtesy John Ferguson, 2007
Noeline Elsie 13 Jun 1992 of Yenda, NSW, aged 95 years. Dearly loved mother of
Ann, James (deceased), Cameron, Ailsa (Meg), Susan and their families. [Sydney
Morning Hearld, 23 Jun 1992, lookup courtesy John Ferguson, 2007
- Ann Mayne FERGUSSON, b. 1922; d. 8 May
2002, late of Kincumber, formerly of Killara; notice: 11 May 2002,
Fergusson - Ann Mayne 8 May
2002 Peacefully at Northaven Retirement Village, Turramurra formerly of
Kincumber and Killara, beloved daughter of Ian and Noelene Fergusson (both
deceased) loving sister of Jamie (deceased), Cam, Meg and Sue (deceased) fond
aunt of their families. In her 80th year. [Sydney Morning Hearld, 11 May 2002,
lookup courtesy John Ferguson, 2007
- Ian Cameron FERGUSSON b.~1927
- Margaret FERGUSSON
- Susan Cameron FERGUSSON d. bef.
- James Cameron FERGUSSON d. 4 Sep 1945,
The sudden death of James
Fergusson eldest son of Mr and Mrs Ian Fergusson in Sydney on Tuesday last came
as a shock to their many friends.[Area News (Griffith) 11 Sep 1945, lookup
courtesy John Ferguson, 2007
- Helen Margaret FERGUSSON
- Christian b. 1831
- Archibald b. 1834
- In Fraser's Funeral Escutcheons (c. 1700) the arms of Fergusson of
Auchinsoul are represented, apparently as or, a buckle between three boars'
heads azure. If this reading of the pen-and-ink drawing be correct, the
Auchinsoul arms are differencec from those of the head Ayrshire family by the
omission of the silver tincture, and the reversal of the tinctures generally
employed for the field and charges. This method of differencing and altering
the tincture is not unknown, though uncommon, in Scottish Heraldry.
Contributed by Robert Ferguson from files at General Register
- Mary Keith (wife of James Hamilton Fergusson). Unable to locate
Birth or Death dates.
- Helen Collie (2nd wife of James H Ferguson. Born 28.5.1799, Parents
Samuel Collie and Christian Menny. Married 17.5.1827 Isle of Bute. Died
- Elizabeth Shillington Searight, wife William Fergusson, married
29.11.1881 Logie, Perth. Parents James Fitzpatrick Searight and Elizabeth Paul.
Born Ireland. Unable to find any Death Certificate
- William Manson Fergusson , brother to John L.S.F, born 13.1.1884,
Banff. married Williamina Smith Fitzpatrick, daughter of Hugh Fitzpatrick and
Williamina Paton. They were married 2.12.1903 (by a Warrant). They had a son
Patrick Manson Fergusson on 25.12.1908. Registered in Banff and Aberdeen. I had
high hopes for this line but I was unable to find anything else.
- John L.S Fergusson , I was hoping to get a date for a birth but all
I have is 1891!
- Mary (Maria ) Duff .Again I was hoping to get a birthdate, all I
Have is 1891. Her Parents were Donald Duff and Margaret MacRae. I have her
death as 20.2.1979 in Banff.
- Fitzjames Fergusson ,born 27.7.1922, Unable to get anything on his
2 wives, ie Birthates, Marriage dates or Death dates. Unable to find any family
possibly in England? 8 Marie Pirie Field, wife of Iain Fergusson, Unable to
find a Death Cert, could still be alive.
- John James Foote Fergusson. 1st born 19.7.1856, died 5.4.1857 in
Ellon, 2nd J.J.F.F born 15.5.1859. (There must be a connection somewhere to a
John James Foote!)
- Christian Mennie Fergusson b 13.9.1830 Peterculter. Nothing found
- Archibald Fergusson b 28.10.1833 Peterculter. Nothing found.
- Margaret Lumsden 1st wife of William Ferguson, Parents John Lumsden
and Helen Shepherd, b 23.1.1829 died 31.10.1875, aged 46 of an accidental
Asphyxia. 12 Mary Gordon Heron Thomson (or Croil, her 2nd marriage also) b 1840
in Ireland. Parents John Thomson and Elizabeth Heron. 2nd wife of William
Fergusson, married 9.1.1877 Isle of Bute. Died 28.9.1918 Banchory.
- William Fergusson husband to above 2 ladies, I have him dying
- Fitzjames Shillington Fergusson b 227.3.1895 Parents William
Fergusson and Elizabeth Searight.. Unable to find anything.
- Records of the Clan and Name of, Ferguson and
Fergus, by James Ferguson and Robert Menzies, Edinburgh, 1895
- O'Brien's Family
[ Home ] [
Ancestral ] [
Genealogy ] [ Scotland ]
Copyright © 2006 Fergus(s)on Y-DNA Project