||Fergus(s)on Y-DNA Project
- Adam Ferguson, b. before 1660 England, Scotland or Ireland, d. 1714
Craven Co., NC
- Adam Ferguson, b. before 1680, Princess Ann Co., VA, d. after Oct
1715 Craven Co., NC. Married Elizabeth Cummings, Princess Ann Co., VA
- Mark Ferguson, b. before 1715 VA or NC, d. 1751 Craven Co., NC
Married Elizabeth Slocumb, b. 1704 -
- Adam Ferguson, d. before March 1791 in Craven Co., NC, married
- John Ferguson, b. before 1774 in Craven or Carteret Co., NC, d.
1817 in Carteret Co., NC. Married Lydia Lester (ca. 1778-after 1820)
- Anthony Ferguson, b. 28 Oct 1804 Beaufort, Carteret Co., NC, d. 5
Aug 1872 Duval Co., FL. Married Nancy C. Hall (15 May 1809 - 25 Jan 1872) Duval
- John Justice Ferguson, b. 30 May 1840 New Bern, Craven Co. NC, d. 3
June 1901, Tampa, Hillsborough Co., FL. Married Anna Maria Baker (1846-1874)
- John Justice Ferguson, b. 28 Oct 1873 Duval Co., FL; d. 16 April
1934, St. Petersburg, Pinellas Co., FL. Married Nellie E. Curry (1880-1960)
- Gerald Andrew Ferguson, Sr., b. 22 Sep 1900, d. 7 August 1992, St.
Petersburg, Pinellas Co., FL. Married Velsey Palmer (1902-1994)
- Gerald Andrew Ferguson, Jr., b. 3 Nov 1929, Manatee Co, FL, d. 31
Dec 2007, Somerset Co., NJ.
- Oct. 31, 1707 Adam FERGUSON SENR. and his wife Elizabeth of
Princess Anne Co., VA, for consideration of 10,000 lbs. of "neat sweet pork"
sold to Joseph WHITE of Princess Anne Co., a plantation lying on the south side
of North River containing 120 acres. /s/ Adam [A] FERGUSON. Witnesses: Adam
FERGUSON JUNR.; Jno. [J] WARRINGTON; James TOOLY [
Princess Anne Co., VA Deeds, Deed Book One, Part 2; Page 505]
- Adam Ferguson died in Craven Co., leaving son Adam and daughter
Sarah who md. James Toole, of Princess Anne Co., Va. Adam died soon after his
father [The North Carolina Historical and Genealogical Register, Volume 2,
- Adam's Creek, reversing the usual custom, took its appellation from
a Christian rather than a surname. Adam Ferguson and his son, Adam, Jr., were
among the earliest, if not the first, settlers there. [Craven County Deeds, II,
624-625, quoted in North Carolina Historical Review , 1945
- Abstract of North Carolina Wills, 1663-1760 [Ancestry.com]
- FERGUSON, ADAM. Craven Precinct. October 13, 1715. February 15,
1715. Son: MARK ("my plantation"). Daughters: SARAH FERGUSON, JANE FERGUSON.
Wife: ELIZABETH FERGUSON. Executor: DANIELL MCFARLAN. Witnesses: ROBT. RAMSEY,
PETER CROPELY, FRANCIS HUTSON. Clerk of the Court: DANIELL MCFARLAN.
- FERGUSON MARK. Craven County. April 16, 1751. September Court,
1751. Sons: ADAM (350 acres of land on the East side of Sloctunb's Creek),
SLOCUMB (800 acres of land on Mill Creek). Cousin: BENJAMIN CUMMINGS (land on
East side of Adams Creek). Wife and Executrix: ELIZABETH. Witnesses: ADAM
WALLIS, ROBERT WALLIS, JOHN CUMMINGS. Clerk of the Court: PHIL. SMITH.
- 1762 Elizabeth Martin Administratrix on the personal Estates of
Adam Ferguson Sen & Jun deceased appeared and tendered John Petman and
Robert Wallis as her Securities which are deemed sufficient [The State Records
of North Carolina, Volume 6, 1888]
- North Carolina Probate Records, 1735-1970 Craven Wills, 1736-1857,
Vol. F-I > Image 10
- 12 Dec 1787, Petition of John Ferguson - his father Adam
Ferguson died without making a will. Brother Adam Ferguson
[ Home ] [
Copyright © 2006 Fergus(s)on Y-DNA